What is Medically Induced Trauma Support Services?
MITSS is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded in June of 2002 whose mission is “To Support Healing and Restore Hope” to patients, families, and clinicians who have been impacted by an adverse medical event. Medically Induced Trauma is the emotional impact that results from an adverse event, unexpected outcome, and/or medical error. Medically Induced Trauma affects the emotional well being of the patient, family member, and/or clinician.
How Does MITSS Achieve Its Mission?
- Education – MITSS raises awareness and provides education about the effects of medically induced trauma, the broad scope of its impact, and the crucial need for support services for patients, families, and clinicians.
- Direct Support Services to Patients, Families, and Clinicians – See answers to Questions 3 and 4 for further detail.
- Advocacy – MITSS advocates for open and honest communication following adverse events. We encourage healthcare institutions to have support structures in place for their staff, their patients, and their families.
How Does MITSS Support Patients and Families?
- Confidential telephone support – MITSS staff and volunteers resources and information on various related topics. Our toll free number is 1-888-36MITSS. We provide additional information on our website at www.mitss.org.
- Educational support groups – MITSS provides for patients and their families who have been affected by medical errors or unanticipated outcomes led by a licensed clinical psychologist. These 10-week long group sessions provide participants with education on trauma, the tools necessary to process and heal from the traumatic event, and the support of the group members.
How Does MITSS Support Clinicians?
- Consultant to healthcare institutions – MITSS advocates for clinician support as we believe that caring for our clinicians translates into better quality healthcare for everyone. We design and implement peer support systems for your hospital or health care setting.
- Confidential telephone support – We are also available to clinicians through number (1-888-36MITSS) to provide counseling and referrals to various resources. MITSS has provided support groups for nursing professionals finding themselves on the “sharp end” of an adverse event, and we will continue to do so as the need arises.
How Can MITSS Help Our Organization to Expand on Its Existing Patient Safety Initiatives?
The patient, family, and clinician support provided by MITSS offers an additional dimension to patient safety and healthcare quality improvement by increasing understanding and clarity around the causes of errors and the needs of those impacted by medically induced trauma.
Does MITSS Involve Itself with the Legal Issues Surrounding Medical Errors and Adverse Events?
No. We do, however, advocate for disclosure, apology, and support in the aftermath of adverse medical events.
How is MITSS Funded?
MITSS is an independent 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation funded through corporate and private donors, annual events, and individual and collaborative grants.
Can Our Organization Arrange to Have MITSS Staff Present at our Facility?
Yes. Linda Kenney and MITSS staff members frequently give presentations on the topic of support following adverse medical events along with related patient safety and quality topics. Please give us a call at (617) 232-0090 to arrange a speaking engagement.
Does MITSS Partner with Healthcare Organizations in Order to Achieve Its Goals?
Yes. MITSS strongly supports collaboration with the healthcare system in order to achieve our mutual goals. We continue to strengthen and develop our existing partnerships while actively cultivating new ones.